We are proud to announce the release of Smile 1.2.0.
The key features of the 1.2.0 release are:
- Headless plot. Smile’s plot functions depends on Java Swing. In server applications, it is needed to generate plots without creating Swing windows. With headless plot (enabled by -Djava.awt.headless=true JVM options), we can create plots as follows:
val canvas = ScatterPlot.plot(x, '.') val headless = new Headless(canvas); headless.pack(); headless.setVisible(true); canvas.save(new java.io.File("zone.png"))
- All classification and regression models can be serialized by
write(model) // Java serialization
write.xstream(model) // XStream serialization
- Refactor of smile.io Scala API.
- Parsers are in smile.read object.
- Parse JDBC ResultSet to AttributeDataset.
- Model serialization methods in smile.write object.
- Platt scaling for SVM
- Smile NLP tokenizers are unicode-aware.
- Least squares can handle rank deficient now.
- Various code improvements.